Diocese of Parramatta
Credit for other training/course/lectures etc for Safeguarding in the Diocese of Parramatta
Credit for other training that is not Parramatta Safeguarding approved (See PointsBuild site for all approved Parramatta Safeguarding training link https://safeguarding.getlearnworlds.com/ will only apply to non-compulsory modules.
Those who are identified as required training must complete the three mandatory modules:
- Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Safe Standards
- Legal Compliance in Safeguarding – ROSH and RC
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk
The only exception to these requirements is:
CEDP Teachers who volunteer within Parishes:
Within the Diocese of Parramatta there is an agreement with Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta (CEDP) in regards to the Safeguarding Training of its teachers who volunteer in their parish communities.
We ask that teachers working within CEDP schools in the Diocese present their current (last 12 months) certificates of completion for their child protection training.
Their Parish Office will note that training and its date for their records and acknowledge the satisfactory completion of Mandatory Modules 1 and 2.
Teachers within CEDP schools will then be asked to complete the third mandatory module ‘Safeguarding Adults at Risk’.
For the non-compulsory training – that is the additional 4 points (2 separate modules) that managers, team leaders, those who directly work with children and have been identified as requiring 10 points, you can apply for recognition of that training provided you can produce the following:
- Course description/name/outline - for example, courses on domestic violence, working in the disability sector, child protection course or counselling courses)
- Proof of attendance and date
- Who provided the training? (Name of company, person, institution)
- Relevance to safeguarding (Brief outline of why you think it is relevant to Safeguarding)
- Date completed (within in the last 12 months)
- Applicable ONLY for non-compulsory courses (i.e., mandatory course will not be able be subject to RPL)
If the course is assessed as relevant and current you will be awarded 2 points towards your total of 10 points required. The assessment of the material provided by you will be conducted by the Safeguarding team and a confirmation email will be sent to you with the outcome of the assessment - i.e., 2 points awarded as credit for XXXX course or material does not meet the criteria for credit
If you have any questions, please send an email to:
or Contact: The Community Engagement and Education Officer: